Headwater’s, Inc. has several opportunities for volunteers from one-time projects to long-term opportunities. Volunteers may assist with participant programs, but are never asked to do hands-on care.
Some one-time projects that community members could donate their time for include:
- Facility projects such as painting, wallpapering, gardening
- Providing entertainment for participants (music performance, magic shows, puppet shows, karaoke)
- Short-term teaching of activities (knitting, cooking, art projects, seed planting, gardening, basic woodworking projects, dance steps, bowling, etc.)
Some long-term activities include:
We do have a simple volunteer application and interview process to assure a good volunteer experience. If you have questions about volunteering, ideas on how you would like to volunteer your time, or would like to apply, please fill in the following form:
- Being available to accompany staff and participants on occasional all-day outings
- Volunteering on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to work directly with staff and participants in Day Service and Work Experience programs.